What is Mold Remediation?
It’s the craft of removing mold and cleaning and sanitizing the area to fend off mold from growing. It may include removing spongy-like materials like drywall, floorboards, carpeting, and other contaminated items. The process of mold remediation follows some very specific steps:
- Containment and Ventilation – A mold remediation expert will find out where the mold is located and contain the area to minimize any additional contamination. Within the contained area, an air scrubber or other filtration device is deployed to capture any airborne mold spores before they spread to other areas.
- Pull Out Moldy Materials – Once the mold has been contained, the next step is removing any infected materials from the area. This must be done very carefully and protective clothing and masks are a must. Moldy materials should be placed inside heavy trash bags and properly disposed of.
- Decontaminate The Area – After the spongy-like materials have been removed from the space, it can be thoroughly disinfected. A professional mold remediation team will use a biocide, fungicide, or moldicide to treat the area. These solutions effectively kill the mold and keep it from growing again.
- Condense The Mold – Sometimes, the mold cannot be completely removed and it may be necessary to encase it instead. This can be done by sealing the affected area with a mold and mildew resistant paint or a similar substance.
- Removing the Mold Source – Even if the mold has been removed, if the cause of its growth isn’t addressed, it can grow back. A reputable mold remediation specialist will either fix the problem themselves, or call in a sub-contractor to make the repair to ensure the issue is resolved.
Mold Removal Services in SFV
Need help with mold removal, look no further. Sky Restoration & Emergency Service offers a full range of mold detection and mold remediation services for residential and commercial properties. Call us anytime, or contact us online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We’ll send a technician to your home right away. You can rest assured that we’re committed to making sure that you have a mold free home that you and your family can thrive in.
When Should I Take Care Of Mold Remediation?
If someone in your household, experiences allergy symptoms like a runny nose, congestion, itchy, watery eyes, or a rash, their health is unfortunately on the line. Being exposed to mold for a long time can cause mold poisoning which can be life-threatening to very young children, the elderly, and anyone with a compromised immune system. The longer you let a mold problem go, the worse it will get so it’s vital that you take care of mold growth as soon as you begin to take notice.
How Do You Stop Mold From Growing?
The window of opportunity to prevent mold growth is measured in hours, not days or weeks. To prevent mold from developing after water damage, you need a fast response from a professional water damage restoration contractor. The single most important factor for mold growth is moisture. If you address water damage as soon as it happens, proper drying can take place and drastically decrease the chances of mold beginning to grow. Although dangerous mold is not an everyday occurrence, mold has the potential to cause health problems so proper treatment of the structure is critical.
We are expert mold removal, water & fire damage restoration company. Our team of experts services the Los Angeles & Ventura County. Get started by working with us and getting a free estimate by calling (818)-310-5064